Pitt Material Transfer Agreement

The Clinical/Corporate Contracts services team handles both incoming MTAs, where the university receives research materials from other institutions, as well as outgoing MTAs for which we share the university`s research materials with other institutions. The University of Pittsburgh requires that an outgoing MTA (or some other form of contract, for example.B. subcontracting) for university materials be sent by our university. In order to facilitate broad access to research resources, the university encourages its researchers to consider depositioning university-owned research tools at permanent storage sites for further distribution. Examples may be entities like Jackson Labs or Addgene. Researchers who identify an interest repository that accepts materials can use MyRA to send an MTA (transfer direction – shipment) to the Office of Sponsored Programs for such filings. For any questions about deposits, please contact 412-624-7419. Tokyo Medical and Dental University (`PROVIDER`) and RECIPIENT (identified below) agree to the following conditions for the transfer of equipment between supplier and recipient. A material transfer contract (MTA) is a contract that governs the transfer of research material between two organizations when the recipient intends to use it for his or her own research purposes. The MTA defines the rights of the supplier and recipient with respect to materials and derivatives. Outgoing Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) are always required when Pitt-specific materials (i.e., when a Pitt PI creates a material or another company cannot claim ownership) is still required. The National University Corporation Kanazawa University (`PROVIDER`) has the following material (hereafter called THE MATERIAL) that asks for use.

At the request of the RECIPIENT, the ISP and THE RECIPIENT agree to enter into the contract (hereafter referred to as ACCORD) as follows; A material transfer contract (MTA) is a legal contract for the transfer of proprietary research equipment from one party to the other, including samples or biological or chemical materials subject to infectious, dangerous or specific regulations. An “outgoing MTA” should be used when a university researcher provides certain academic papers to external researchers. An “incoming MTA” is used when external entities or individual researchers make materials available to a university researcher. Three circumstances that must be taken into account when Pitt does not own the equipment are: Jessica Boyle is a contract administrator in the Department of Sponsored Programs at the University of Iowa. It reviews, designs and negotiates selected proposals, financing contracts, non-monetary agreements and externally funded research underfunding. If you have any questions about the need for an outgoing MTA, please contact the Clinical and Corporate Contracts Team At clincorp@pitt.edu. When exchanging research materials with other institutions, it is important to understand the context in which these research materials are shared. If our university`s research material is shared with another organization that uses these materials for a research project of its own conception, where our university is neither intellectual nor practical, this transfer would most likely be as an outgoing MTA.

The term “cooperation” can mean different things to different people. From the office of Sponsored Programs perspective, collaboration occurs when we share our research materials with another entity and work together on a jointly developed project.

Author: Franck Pertegas

Share This Post On